What is a Kenalog Injection and What are the Advantages?
A Kenalog injection is used to treat inflammation in the body. The injection can treat many conditions like skin disorders, allergic reactions, colitis, eye and lung disorders, as well as inflammation in the joints. A Kenalog shot can also be used to treat skin disorders like psoriasis, lupus, and other similar autoimmune conditions.
A Kenalog injection is given to a patient in various ways. It can be injected into the space around a joint, directly into the muscle, or into the lesion on the skin.
How does a Kenalog shot function?
Kenalog consists of an active ingredient known as triamcinolone. Triamcinolone is a corticosteroid or hormone that is normally produced by the adrenal glands. The substance helps in reducing inflammation. Triamcinolone can be helpful in maintaining and controlling allergic reactions. It also keeps inflammation in the lungs caused by asthma and in the joints caused by arthritis in check.
Corticosteroids help in regulating the body’s natural steroid hormones. If the adrenal glands do not function properly, the body will not be able to produce the optimal amount of hormones. A way to treat this is by using replacement therapy with Triamcinolone.
What are the advantages of a Kenalog shot?
Kenalog can have many advantages. It is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- It reduces the pain caused by Rheumatoid arthritis, also known as osteoarthritis.
- It helps to curb the pain caused by a tennis elbow, also known as tenosynovitis, or bursitis.
- Kenalog treats severe asthma, hay fever, and other allergies.
- The drug also treats inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Kidney diseases like minimal change nephrotic syndrome, lupus, and interstitial nephritis can be treated with Kenalog.
- Skin allergic disorders like severe dermatitis, pemphigus, or Stevens-Johnson Syndrome can be cured by the drug.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, an inflammatory autoimmune disease, can be treated by Kenalog.
- Anemia, caused by the immune system attacking red blood cells, which is also known as autoimmune hemolytic anemia, can also be treated by Kenalog.
- The drug has also been used in the treatment of cancer of the lymph nodes (lymphoma) and Leukemia.
For more information about Kenalog injections, visit rēnu med spa in Raleigh, NC. Customers from Durham, Garner, and Cary can also visit this clinic to avail of top-quality treatments.